Welcome to the St. Landry Parish School System, where we are building the future of St. Landry Parish. It is an honor and a privilege to serve as the Superintendent of the St. Landry Parish School District. Our most important core value is children first, and their success is our job. We are committed to offering a challenging and successful education to the children of St. Landry Parish, by providing all students with highly effective teachers who will respond to the changing needs of the district.
As Superintendent, I BELIEVE:
- Education is a partnership between school and home, and that every child will succeed if given a supportive environment and an opportunity to work to the best of his or her ability.
- Every child will succeed if given a safe and supportive environment, interesting but rigorous curriculum and an opportunity to work to the best of his or her ability.
- The best education promotes a child's academic, social, civic, and emotional development and the developing of respect for one's self and respect for others is a critical part of the education process.
- Education is a partnership between school and home and I believe in open communication that supports our mutual effort.
- In teaching to the whole child. This means that a child should be give experiences across a broad spectrum such as the arts, athletics and enhanced academics through blended learning. By providing these experiences, all children will grow beyond our wildest dreams.
I would like to invite you to explore our website and visit our district and see what exciting things you are missing in St. Landry Parish Schools! Be sure to visit our “Superintendent Update” page to see all the wonderful activities and events our students are engaged in. We’re proud to share our schools’ outstanding staff and student achievements and activities.
In the St. Landry Parish School System, exciting things are happening every day for every child!
Patrick D. Jenkins,
Superintendent of St. Landry Parish Schools