The St. Landry Parish School System, with the support of the community, will prepare all students for life's challenges by teaching them the skills necessary to acquire and to apply knowledge to function effectively in a technological, multicultural, global society.
Parents and family
Businesses and organizations
Residents of St. Landry Parish
Thinking and problem-solving
Respect for one's self and the environment
Diverse groups within society with varying beliefs, values, and behavior patterns
Worldwide economic impact on society.
Goals of the St. Landry Parish School Board
1. To offer quality education for all students which will make St. Landry Parish Schools #1 in the state.
2. To provide a financially sound school system with resources to allow long-range planning.
3. To establish a positive line of communication between the school system and the community.
4. To allow for decision-making at the local level (level closest to action required).
5. To provide the setting and the resources necessary for a comfortable learning environment at all schools.